10 Everyday Essentials of a Future CPA

9:18 PM


Let me just begin this post by saying, YAAAAAY! A new blog post. It's kind of petty but I haven't been around here lately, let alone use the laptop at my disposal, so being here and having to share some stuffs to you is sort of a big deal for me.

Okay, retracting you to what this post is all about. Since I've been very busy, okay, not "very", but quite busy with all the studying I have to do for my board exams which is in less than two months, in relation to all accountancy-student whatnots that I've been doing, I'm making this post. I figured if I'm going to be doing all these stuffs might as well make use of it for my blog.

A little quick update, before I officially begin: I'm still reviewing for board exams and while I'm on my way to achieving my goals of becoming a CPA, I also have other plans for myself including this, so that's why this blog is still in existence despite of its lack of continuous updates.

So, here is a list of the 10 everyday essentials of a future CPA. I quickly asked my friends (who are also reviewing for CPA boards) on what they think are an everyday essential for people like us.

Number one, the most obvious of all, a trusty calculator.
This bad boy has been with me since I was in third year high school. Back then, we needed scientific calculators for Chemistry, but now, I need this one to solve just about anything, may it be algebra, or a simple one plus one. I mean, I just have to check my mental accuracy in computing anything.

The next one is something intangible, and we accountants call it an analytical mind/brain. I mean, it's an everyday necessity. We can't just look at a problem and expect to completely know how to solve it. And while we're on that subject, I think most accountancy students would agree when I say this "WE ARE NOT GOOD IN MATH". It's one of my biggest pet peeve. People coming to me and say "Oh, so you're very good in math" just because I'm an accountancy graduate. It's not just MATH. It's ACCOUNTING. Yes, we use all the basic mathematics, but really, it's not math.

The third on the list is another intangible item, and I think, not only accountancy students can relate to this. It's MUSIC.
I mostly listen to Spotify's pre-made playlist just because I'd always end up making a study playlist that isn't a study playlist. Do you know what I mean? Like, I end up placing songs that'd only make me want to sing and, therefore, end up singing, and therefore, end up leaving all my studying behind. I usually choose the acoustic ones just because they're very light to ears.

And of course, you can't play music off the speakers of your phone. You gotta have earphones. It's practically a necessity for me.
These are actually my favorite earphones :)

Next one, post-its or those little cut up papers for random notes to write and place on my corkboard.

Another one from the supplies section of the department store would be binder clips and paper clips.

Although, I must tell you. It doesn't have to be gold. I just like these gold ones. I've actually been obsessed with shopping stuffs for my room. I mean, you name it. I've recently bought a clothes rack (which I have been raving on for months), wooden hangers, and now these little dainty things. That's besides the fact that I really love anything gold.

Seventh on the list is of course pens/pencils.

Need I say more?

Number 8 is something a little south of fashion. Here's what I believe. Every accountant should own a good-lookin' blazer. It's literally an investment piece.

Clearly, it has not been ironed since the last time I wore it. My apologies.
I bought this blazer at around 1,000 pesos and it was on sale. My aunt bought it for me (because duh, not working yet). I just think wearing a blazer, and I mean, well-tailored blazers, would elevate the way people look at you. Blazers are sophisticated af.

Okay, I do not have pictures for this next item, but I guess, this really is a necessity. And it's a laptop. Everyone is techy nowadays, it's just reasonable to make this item a part of the list.

AND the last, but most definitely, not the least. the WILL and STRONG SELF-BELIEF that you will become a CPA. I am strong believer that anything you want to do in life you can achieve if you put your mind and soul into it. It's cliche. I know, but it the saying will never get old.

So there yah have it folks.
WHOAH! This is one lengthy post, but I like lengthy posts hahaha. I get to ramble words and finally speak what's on my mind.

You Might Also Like

0 comments