Go Outside: Mt. Naupa

1:39 AM


Before starting all the yuletide merriment and making a long list of new year's "resolution" we only seem to religiously follow in the first few months, I've finally took some time off work and squeeze in a little bukid time with me and my college friends. This post is a week overdue, but you know what they say, better late than never. And to put this post in to good use, I will share with you the entire experience including how to get there and how much we spent (individually).


So before I get all loquacious about the entire trip, here are three of the photos I took just to de-rustify "skills" I think I have.

Okay, now on to the gist.

This trip came about when one of my friends suggested this climb. For hiking/trekking (educate me on the difference) beginners, the 45-60-minute walk was totally bearable. But please do make sure to check your health status (yes, Joey, I'm talking about you). Always, always check to make sure your body can physically do the hike. Alright, so to begin, this place is located at Naga, Cebu. To get there, you'll need to ride a jeepney going to Naga, then stop at a Lolo Tinong's Bakery. Fare ranges from 7-12 pesos depending on where you rode from. From there you have to take a 30-45-minute motorcycle ride to the church where the actual hike will begin. A fixed rate of 50php per person for the motorcycle ride. When you've reached the church, local kids will willing lead your way to your destination. People usually pays about 100 to 200 pesos for these little tour guides, but we decided to just pay 50php each person (in our group) so that brings the total to 300php for the tour guide fee. Oh, and there's a 20php entrance fee upon going to the mountain.

Breakdown of my total spendings:
Jeepney fare - 10php x 2 = 20php (from Tabunok to Naga and vice versa)
Motorcycle ride - 50php x 2 = 100php
Tour guide fee - 50php
Some snacks and water* -  50php
Entrance fee - 20php
TOTAL : 240php

*along the way there's one mini store you can actually buy water and banana cue or chips.

So for a total of 240php you can get that refreshing mountain breeze. I don't want you to expect too much, but for me, the view was fantastic. I've probably been in the office for too long that I have come to appreciate all the simple things around me. I love the city life. Yes, I do. But it's always good to just take a breather from the fast pace of it.

The weather may have also factored in to the reason why I actually love the hike. We went there at around 1pm and it was just drizzling. It didn't rain nor was it even too sunny. Ahhhh. It was just perfect. Also, you may have to check the weather forecast on the day you're planning to do the hike. Just always remember, SAFETY FIRST.

So like all my other posts, I will end this with group photos with the people I came with during the hike.

BONUS TIP/S for a worthwhile trip:

  1. It helps when you have photography-loving friends. You'll most definitely take home wonderful photos aside from wonderful memories.
  2. Bring speakers. It'll liven up your mood.
  3. Talk to the locals. You'll never know what great stories they'll share to you.
  4. Don't plan too much. Chances are only half of your expectations will actually be achieved.
  5. Learn something from the experience. As for me, I learned and appreciated even more all the wonders that God has bestowed to humankind. Let us help preserve it more.
Til next time. Keep Posted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments